In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government has allowed you to continually keep your Medicaid coverage since March 2020, without having to reapply. This continuous coverage is ending on March 31, 2023.
What You Need to Do Now
- If you moved in the last three years, make sure your address and contact information are updated/correct on your Medicaid account.
- If you have a Your Texas Benefits account, your renewal notice will be sent electronically. If you don’t have an account, notices will be mailed in a yellow envelope that says Action Required in red. Complete and return the packet today to avoid losing your coverage.
Create or log-in to your medicaid account at www.yourtexasbenefits.com or call 2-1-1, choose your preferred language and select Option 2.
Medicaid Renewal Assistance
- CommUnityCare’s financial assistance team can help you for free. Call 512-978-9015.
- Foundation Communities Prosper Health Coverage can help. Learn more here.
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- How To: Create a Your Texas Benefits Account
- How To: Report Changes (Like New Address or Contact Information)
- How To: Renew Your Benefits