Our team of experienced professionals provide women with a wide range of comprehensive, specialized care that meets their healthcare needs. We see patients through almost every phase of life including adolescence, reproductive years, childbirth, menopause and beyond.
Women face an array of health needs that may affect their overall health and wellness. Routine gynecology care allows you to stay on top of your healthcare needs as you age. We focus on preventative care, diagnosis and treatment. Routine visits also allow you the opportunity to build a relationship with a provider you know and trust to address your health questions.
Our services include annual well-women exams, breast and cervical screenings, mammogram referrals, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, follow up on abnormal pap smears with colposcopy and LEEP procedures, gynecology ultrasounds, and gynecology care and surgical treatment as needed for conditions such as menstrual problems, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), fibroids, ovarian cysts.
No two pregnancies are alike, which is why it is so important to establish care throughout your pregnancy. Our team is here to care for you at every stage of your pregnancy and after you give birth to ensure you and your baby are healthy.
Our obstetric services include high risk pregnancy care and group prenatal care through the Centering Pregnancy model. We also provide resources and support in pregnancy with our doula program in partnership with BlackMamasATX. Support is also available to you from our social workers and nurses, as well as connections to resources for pregnant and new mothers.
Download a copy of our English and Spanish Prenatal Booklet:
At CommUnityCare our expert care team is dedicated to providing you equitable care to meet your reproductive health needs. Family planning services allow you to achieve the desired number and spacing of children, increase the chances of a baby being born healthy, and decide if and when to start or expand a family.
Our services include contraceptive counseling and initiation of methods including Oral Contraception pills, Depo-Provera (injection), vaginal ring, patch, Nexplanon, IUDs and sterilization consults, pregnancy testing, basic infertility screening, referrals for complex contraception needs and much more.
- East Austin Health Center
- Hornsby Bend Health Center
- Manor Health Center
- North Central Health Center
- Oak Hill Health Center
- Pflugerville Health Center
- Sandra Joy Community Health & Wellness Center
- South Austin Health Center
- Southeast Health & Wellness Center
- OB/GYN Clinics– Riverside, Springdale, and Bastrop
Minors (under the age of 18) are required to obtain consent from a parent or guardian prior to receiving most services such as vaccines, flu, or dental at CommUnityCare. In the State of Texas there are a few exceptions in which the minor may consent.
Minors may consent for all healthcare services if they are:
- 16 years of age or older, living financially independent and maintain physically separate residence from parents/guardian
- Legally recognized as married under Texas law
- An active service member of the US military
- Incarcerated in a facility operated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Minors may consent for the following specific healthcare services if the above does not apply:
- Diagnosis/treatment related to a known or suspected pregnancy
- Diagnosis/treatment of an infectious, contagious, or communicable disease that is required by law to be reported to a local health officer or the Texas Department of Health (e.g., STIs, Covid-19)
- Non-prescriptive family planning services (prescriptive allowed if funded under a Medicaid plan that covers family planning services, however confidentiality not protected from release to parent/guardian)
- Behavioral health counseling for suicidal ideation
- Drug treatment services, including related behavioral health counseling
- Treatment and/or assistance related to abuse
Eligibility requirements must still be met to obtain the medical services listed above. Please contact 211 to schedule an appointment with an eligibility screener.