CommUnityCare Hosting Mpox (Monkeypox) Vaccine Event
CommUnityCare is hosting an event to vaccinate at-risk individuals against mpox (MonkeyPox). This event will be open to the community and all CommUnityCare patients. Qualifying risk factors to receive the vaccine include at least one of the below:
- Patient has known or suspected exposure to someone with mpox in the last 2 weeks
- A new diagnosis of one or more sexually transmitted diseases in the last 6 months (e.g., chlamydia, gonorrhea, or syphilis)
- More than one sex partner in the last 6 months
- Patient has had any of the following in the past 6 months: Sex at a commercial sex venue (like a sex club or bathhouse), Sex related to a large commercial event or in a geographic area (city or county for example) where mpox virus transmission is occurring, Sex in exchange for money or other items
- Patient has a sex partner with any of the above risks
- Patient anticipates experiencing any of the above scenarios
- Patient works in settings where you may be exposed to mpox or you work with mpox in a laboratory
To schedule your first or second mpox vaccine appointment call 512-978-9015 or CLICK HERE to schedule online.
To learn more about mpox (Monkeypox), CLICK HERE.